Wednesday, April 23, 2008

123 木头人

Went for the 陶喆-123木头人 concert last Saturday. It was quite a rushed decision to go actually. I was at home fixing my machine since morning until late afternoon (See the Graphics Card post - Sorry I dun blog in chronological order, just write whatever that comes to my mind), and frustrating over the possibility of having to get a new system again, when suddenly my hp rang... My friend called and I started rambling all the display problem etc etc and generally flooding him with all my pent-up feelings, lol. Too bad lor, he called at the wrong time.

After finishing all my rambling which he patiently digested and tried to offer helpful suggestions, only then did he get the chance to get to the purpose of the call... lol. Apparently he got hold of the concert tickets and asked if I am free to go. Wow, of course i would like to go! Anything beats staring at the machine for the entire day (not to mention that i accidentally cut my finger while poking around its internals. /sob)

So we met at Kallang MRT at 7.00pm. It was kinda funny, cos we both arrived early but I assumed he would be late (cos he had a record for doing that so...) so I just find a comfortable corner and play psp while waiting for him. When its 7, I called him but he didnt pick up his phone I got a bit panicky. After all, I came ALL the way down from Yishun and I hope he didn't oversleep or what. Luckily he called me back a short while later and faced my wrath for being late.

"I wasn't late, I am already here, just that I am sitting on the staircase. Come find me la."
"Find your head! Here both left and right side also got staircase lor. I am in the middle. YOU come find me. Late liao still talk so much!" *Click* (Um it reads fiercer than it sounds hor...)

When we reached the stadium on time, it didn't exactly start on time, so we just talked and waited. I never been to a concert (except those Chinese Orchestra/Symphony Orchestra types) before, so I was very curious. As time passes by, the stadium filled up, but it didn't go fullhouse, quite a handful of empty seats could be seen. Thats why my friend got the lobang for the tickets, apparently. Haha. According to him, he went down his hp phone list one by one before reaching me and turned out that I am free to go. "So you should feel lucky" he said. -_- somehow I dun feel that way lol. Shouldnt it be the other way round??

I find the volume of the music and his singing too loud to properly enjoy the songs, but the experience as a whole is quite fun! Later we shifted closer to the stage as there were empty seats lying around (we were sitting quite far initially). The laser effects were awesome! I found myself distracted by the laser performance several times, lol. Once I kept looking up at the ceiling because the lasers were curvy and I was wondering how was it being done. I mean, one just don't see curving lasers everyday. My friend saw me and asked why do I keep looking up. When I answered it was because I was looking at the lasers (why they can curve one ar??), he laughed so hard and said that I "used my brain on the wrong thing" LoL.

The concert ended late! 11.30pm! Its the first time I have to literally run to catch my last train and my last feeder bus, as I looked around and saw all the cabs On Call. -.- It was quite scary at that time, but looking back, its quite fun! Heh.

The May-Day concert is on this coming Saturday, and another friend had jioed me to go... but it's unfortunate that I have some other plans that evening (which mainly involved my computer again. -_-) so I wouldn't be going. If its Jay Chou's though, it might be a different story... lol.