Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On Life After Death

I went to Borders today with the intention of searching for this book. Even though i made a resolve to look for it myself without troubling the staff, the whole place is just too damn big for me to search properly. After about 20mins of wandering around and mainly getting distracted by other titles, I finally gave in and went over to a staff, asking to look for books "about death and dying". I swore her looks softened and bet that she must have misunderstood. Whatever.

She lead me to a shelf, that was a fairly small section actually. Wow, i found the book! There were two copies of them and its really a tiny little book. Its really thin and i took a copy and started reading.

Her views were fairly extreme (There is NO such thing as death) but I found the cases quite interesting. Like dying children who said he meet deceased member of his family (in some cases, even when the child has NO idea that the particular family member is already dead) who stood beside him just before he died, a blind person who experienced NDE and was able to correctly described what he "saw". :O